May 31, 2009

Intro To Bondage Class June 20th In NYC


Hello All - I've had many people over the past year ask me how I learned to tie and ask me how hard is it and ask me if I would teach them. I always say - I learned by having an experienced rope guy stand over me and make me tie over and over and over until it made sense. I then say that once you get the basics - it's easy. Really easy. I then say yes I can teach and plan to have a class.

The time is now...

June 20th at HTC Studios at 508 W. 26th St. I will be teaching an intensive introductory rope bondage class from 12-5pm. There will be a short break to eat at 3. The cost of the class is 100/pair of students. All are welcome and invited.

The class is aimed at beginners looking to demystify rope bondage. I will cover the following.
  1. Basic safety.
  2. Rope selection
  3. Analyzing your partner to decide on what is best for you both
  4. Tying, Tying, Tying. - This class will aim to immerse you in the basics so that when you leave you will be capable of adding rope bondage to your (rope) bag of tricks competently and without hurting anyone.
What this class will NOT be....
  1. A suspension class. I have been tying for years now and still will not do suspensions with just anyone. It is not something for everyone and certainly not for beginners.
  2. A pick up joint. I totally encourage you to bring someone with you. I totally encourage anyone that is single to come. I totally encourage people to be friendly, have fun, and exchange ideas. I will not tolerate any harrassment. This is a class to learn. I will NOT tolerate any harassment of anyone. Please be clear here...
Here is one more thing that will separate this class from many others you might go to. I will have a model. I will be tying her. She will be very scantily clothed. I do invite you to bring your camera and take pictures of what I do and what you do. This is not a model shoot but I am sure that there will be some good chances to take images if that is something that intersts you.

Class Requirements:
  1. An open mind.
  2. 4 30' lengths of rope...at least. Everything I do can be done that way. More is good. A few short ones always is helpful but for the basics you can do lots with that much rope. Home depot is your friend. Cheap is fine to learn.
  3. Good hygiene. No one likes to be locked in a studio with any stinky folks.
  4. ID that shows you to be at least 18. There may be some nudity in the class.

You can contact either me or htcstudios@aol.com for more details. Hope to see you there...